Monday, May 3, 2010

Musing Mondays: second hand book stores...


Musing Mondays2
Do you frequent second hand book stores? Have you ever bought a book home only to find anything interesting within their pages? To see other answers check out Just one more page. The host of this meme. 


I started my book collection many years ago at a used book store. When I was younger my grandparents used to take a grandkid and let them stay by themselves at their house for a week or so. During my week we did lots of different activities that were specific to my interests. By far the best part of that stay was going to their used book store. My grandparents had a ton of credits and they let me pick out as many books as I wanted. (And I picked out 7 John Grisham books which I still have, among others). I was in heaven getting free reign over the books. I remember the bookstore owner kept trying to direct me over to the children's section but I was more interested in Grisham and Stephan King. 


Since that early experience I haven't actually been to a used book store until a few weeks ago, when I discovered a great used bookstore down the street from me (It only took me 3 years of living in this city to discover it). I've also found the goodwill store a great place to find books at really cheap prices. 


Unfortunately I haven't ever found anything exciting in the pages. In fact all that I have ever found is this, 
Not nearly as exciting as money or something. 

2 comments:

  1. I love used bookstores, but I haven't found anything exciting between the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love used bookstores and will be on the look out for what's between the pages.

    ReplyDelete