Sunday, May 9, 2010

In my mailbox (2)...

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren and it explores the contents of my mailbox, shopping bag or library acquisitions on a weekly basis. I had another really good book week (which helps make up for a really poor week in other ways). This week I added the following:


Moon Called by Patricia Briggs - This book is from paperback swap and it's not something I would usually read. Which is exactly the point since it's for an online reading challenge where we allow someone with opposite tastes in books to pick something for us outside of our comfort zones. We'll see how it goes.


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I bought this book because I've heard a ton of rave reviews and they were right. I read this book in a few hours (a full review coming soon).
Notebooks by Tennessee Williams - I've actually already read this book. It's a collection of all of Williams' personal journals, however the copy I read is from the library which I have to return soon and it was too good. So when a 40% off coupon arrived for Borders I figured it was a sign or something and I ordered the book.

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson - This book book was sent to me by a wonderful woman from South Dakota for an on-line book exchange I'm part of. I'm so excited to finally have a chance to read it.
Stone into School by Greg Mortenson - Also sent by the wonderful lady above for the exchange!





The Hardy Boys The House on the Cliff by Franklin W. Dixon - This book actually belongs to my one year old daughter. My mother in law sent it too, but since she's too young to blog and we did get it in the mail it still counts.


Total books this week =6  Total cost = $30 for Notebooks and Hunger Games the rest required no money.

No comments:

Post a Comment