Monday, May 10, 2010

Musing Mondays: Finding time to read...


Musing Mondays2Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about finding time for reading.
Do you have to carve out time in your day for reading (due to work and other obligations), or does your reading just happen naturally? 


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks. For more responses head over to Just one More Page.


This question made me laugh a little bit. Reading doesn't just happen naturally around here, it happens when ever I have a spare second from everything else I have going on. With one year old twins and up until Friday being a full time graduate student and now applying for jobs and packing for our cross country move, carving out time for reading is necessary. I read when the babies nap (although it's rare that they nap at the same time).

Occasionally when the babies are awake I'll read a page or two if they're quiet and occupied for a few minutes. I also carry a book with me every where I go in case there's ever any down time. In line with this I go to any appointment about 30 minutes early with the intention of having a few minutes of peace to read. Of course my largest opportunity to read is after the babies go to bed for the evening when I can read for a longer period of time. I'm lucky that I read really quickly so although my reading time is limited I can get through a fairly large volume of books. 

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, you are on busy person. Wishing you moments of reading time.

    ReplyDelete