Thursday, April 29, 2010

BTT: Restrictions...


btt button God* comes to you and tells you that, from this day forward, you may only read ONE type of book–one genre–period, but you get to choose what it is. Classics, Science-Fiction, Mystery, Romance, Cookbooks, History, Business … you can choose, but you only get ONE. What genre do you pick, and why?
*Whether you believe in God or not, pretend for the purposes of this discussion that [God] is real.

My first instinct on this question was biography/memoir which is by far my favorite, but as much as I love biographies many of them follow similar patterns, even if the lives and stories are very different.

Then as I thought about it even more a lifetime of one genre is incredibly tragic and I would be pretty upset with God for even requesting such a thing. Come one God, what a strange thing to require. Although I suppose it's not quite as crazy as say requesting the sacrifice of a child or something, but still... 

Anyways, back on topic. Because it's a lifetime I suppose I would just choose general fiction because it offers the greatest variety in stories, authors, themes, etc. In the bookstore this section is usually among the largest, offering the widest variety of options to keep me satisfied for a lifetime (I hope).


*Dear God, please never ever request such a crazy thing.* Amen

1 comment: