Saturday, September 25, 2010

Banned Book week September 25th-October 2

Today marks the first day of banned book week. A week to fight against efforts of censorship and to uplift the many challenged books. For more information you can go here to the ALA website.

To celebrate I went to my library's website and requested a bunch of banned books. Including children's books to read to my 16 month old twins, I selected (among others) And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell since this seems to consistently show up on lists for some insane reason. In my opinion it looks adorable and I can't wait to read it to my kids.

For the record any kind of censorship is ridiculous and makes me furious. This week in my reading for both myself and my children I plan to focus specifically on "banned books"

And what's more is that many bloggers are hosting giveaways to celebrate banned book week. Carol's Prints is hosting an amazing giveaway with a banned books bracelet (That I really want) plus some great books. Go on over and check it out. The giveaway ends tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you did this!! I think the wholesale effort that we are making will make a difference and send a brilliant message.

    Thank you so much for the mention as well. You are so kind! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant positive post, I love it!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete