Monday, June 14, 2010

Musing Mondays: Readers in the Family...


This week’s question was inspired by an online book group I belong to…
Who in your family (both immediate & extended) are readers, and who are not?
I have 5 siblings and out of the five I would say only one of them is a reader at all. The other four rarely if ever pick up a book. Although my youngest sister (who is 18) has always enjoyed listening to books. When she was much younger she used to fall asleep each night listening to the Harry Potter Books.

My husband unfortunately is not a reader. I am always encouraging and trying to find books that will keep his interests but it's just not something he really enjoys although he does like reading out loud to our one year old twins. My mom reads some but we have completely different tastes in books. My MIL is probably the person in my family who is the biggest reader aside from myself. She loves buying books and reading books and she has a really great collection. I love going to her house because literally everywhere I look are piles of books that I can just pick up and read. It's also nice to have someone who understands how much joy a new book can bring and also to have someone to talk about books with.

No comments:

Post a Comment